Official Event Guidelines
- InterNations Official Events are get-togethers organized for an entire InterNations Community. With the exception of a few special event formats (please see below), InterNations Official Events are open to all members and their guests.
- InterNations Activities are get-togethers organized for smaller groups of InterNations members in order to share common interests or hobbies, such as going to a concert together, playing soccer, or dining together at a restaurant. For more details, please review our Activity Guidelines.
- All official event posts, including event titles, must be in English.
- Event posts, including the title, description, and images, should not contain any copyrighted or trademarked content.
- Cover photos should be of high quality and collages should be avoided. Cover photos from third-party sources are not allowed, unless the member posting it holds the copyright or has permission to use it (for example, from venue owners).
- The title of the event post must be clear and concise.
- The typography of event posts must be in a standard font; there should be no excessive use of punctuation or uppercase letters; and there should be no inappropriate language.
- When it comes to both the writing and content of event posts and comments, we ask you kindly to consult the relevant sections of our Forum Guidelines.
Events are not permitted when they are:
- linked to the host’s or a relative of the host’s business
- linked to an organization that the host promotes and/or works for
- organized or featured on another website or social network, although sharing the event link on Facebook is permitted
- All events posted should be aligned with the InterNations mission statement to help expats feel at home abroad, to meet people, and to find information about their new environment. In this way, we can sustain an atmosphere of trust and maintain a high-quality network within the community.
- Events that could be considered discriminatory, intolerant, or sexual in nature are not permitted.
Administration of Event Posts
- InterNations Official Events are organized by our local Ambassadors on a purely voluntary basis. InterNations provides the infrastructure for our members to organize events. The organizers do not represent InterNations as vicarious agents.
- InterNations Official Events are suggested by our local Ambassadors and published and promoted by InterNations. InterNations reserves the right to decline and remove event posts that overtly promote commercial purposes, advertise other networking ventures, or that we consider inappropriate in nature.
- Information or content from third-party sources is not accepted unless the member posting it holds the copyright or has permission to use it. A link to the content or original source of information should be provided instead with an explanatory comment (see our General Terms and Conditions for further details).
- InterNations reserves the right to take any action necessary to maintain the quality of our community or against any member not following these official event guidelines.
Conduct at InterNations Official Events
- Official events are open to all members and their guests. The only exceptions are closed guest lists due to limited space or registration deadlines and events organized exclusively for Albatross Members, newcomers, and/or expats.
- While we do our best to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone, InterNations assumes no liability for what occurs at an event posted on InterNations or hosted by our Ambassadors. InterNations does not accept any legal responsibility for damages resulting from the gross negligence of the organizers. Furthermore, neither InterNations nor the organizer(s) of this event shall assume liability for any loss of personal property, nor shall they be held responsible in the event of financial, physical, or emotional damage (see our General Terms and Conditions for further details).
- InterNations reserves the right to collect a cover charge at events in order to refinance setup and infrastructure costs or to compensate for all expenses made by the Ambassadors (e.g., fees for printing name tags and leaflets, costs for welcome drinks, or other event benefits), or which are required by the venue (e.g., cost of hiring a DJ for the evening). Albatross Members usually enjoy free or reduced entry to InterNations Official Events.
- Any member behaving in an inappropriate manner at an InterNations Official Event is subject to expulsion from the InterNations community.
- Event entrance fees (if applicable) shall under no circumstances serve the financial interest of the member organizing the InterNations Official Event.
- Fundraising events must be approved in advance by the Community Engagement Specialist. All donations must be transferred in full to a registered non-profit organization and reported to InterNations by the end of the month.
- If a member accepts an event invitation and later cannot attend, the said member should cancel his/her attendance on the InterNations website or app before the event begins, so that the organizer of the event has a reliable number of participants to properly plan the event and make any necessary reservations.
- By accepting an event invitation, the user acknowledges the right of InterNations to publish any photographs, screenshots, or film footage taken at InterNations Official Events on the InterNations website, app, and/or on any platform approved by InterNations. Should the user wish to refuse, the user must clearly express this wish to the photographer or cameraman at the event. Should the user wish InterNations to remove a photograph already published on the InterNations website or app, the user must contact InterNations at email@example.com.
- Please be open to making everyone feel welcome and to sharing the spirit of connecting global minds
- To ensure the security, quality, and exclusivity of our online events, InterNations provides premium Zoom accounts to official event organizers. InterNations members are not allowed to share Zoom links with third parties.
InterNations is a private network that provides its members with a platform to interact with one another.
Everyone is free to join InterNations and free to choose his or her level of membership. Members of InterNations
have agreed to adhere to our
General Terms and Conditions
and to respect our standards of conduct.
Please behave in a respectful manner towards other InterNations members, the platform of www.internations.org, and the InterNations staff.