Official Event Guidelines
- InterNations Official Events are get-togethers organized for an entire InterNations Community. With the exception of a few special event formats (please see below), InterNations Official Events are open to all members and their guests.
- InterNations Activities are get-togethers organized for a smaller group of InterNations members in order to share a common interest or hobby (e.g. going to a concert together, playing soccer, dining together in a restaurant). For further details, please consult the Activity Guidelines.
Written Form of Event Posts
- InterNations' communication language is exclusively English.
- The title of the event must be clear and concise.
- The typography of event posts must stay moderate with no use of excessive punctuation, capital letters, or inappropriate language.
- When it comes to both the written form and the content of event posts and comments, we would kindly ask you to consult the relevant sections of our Forum Guidelines.
Content and Administration of Event Posts
- InterNations Official Events are organized by our local Ambassadors on a purely voluntary basis. InterNations provides the infrastructure for our members to organize events. The organizers do not represent InterNations as vicarious agents.
- InterNations Official Events are suggested by our local Ambassadors and published and promoted by InterNations. InterNations reserves the right to decline and remove event posts that overtly promote commercial purposes, advertise other networking ventures, or that we consider inappropriate in nature.
- Information from third party sources is not accepted unless the members posting it hold the copyright. A link to the original source of the information should be indicated with an additional personal comment.
- All events posted should be in line with the mission statement of InterNations to help expats feel at home abroad, meet people and find information about their new environment. In this way, we can sustain an atmosphere of trust and maintain the high quality of networking within the community.
- Events that could be considered discriminatory, intolerant, or sexual in nature are not permitted.
InterNations reserves the right to take any action necessary to maintain the quality of our platform or against any member not following the guidelines mentioned here.
Conduct at InterNations Official Events
- Official Events are open to all members and their guests. Closed guest lists due to limited space or registration deadlines and events organized exclusively for Albatross Members, newcomers and/or expats are the only exceptions.
- While we do our best to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone, InterNations assumes no liability for anything that happens at an event posted on InterNations or hosted by our Ambassadors. InterNations does not accept any legal responsibility for damages resulting from the gross negligence of the organizers. Furthermore, neither InterNations nor the organizer of this event shall assume liability for any loss of personal property. Nor shall they be held responsible in the event of financial, physical, or emotional damage.
- InterNations reserves the right to collect a cover charge at events in order to refinance setup and infrastructure costs, to compensate for all expenses made by the Ambassadors (e.g. fees for printing name tags and leaflets) or required by the location (e.g. money to hire a DJ exclusively for the evening). Albatross Members usually enjoy free or reduced entry to InterNations Official Events.
- Any members behaving in an inappropriate manner at an InterNations Official Event are subject to expulsion from the InterNations platform.
- By accepting an event invitation, the user acknowledges the right of InterNations to publish any photographs or film footage taken at InterNations Official Events on the InterNations website and/or on any platform approved by InterNations. Should the user wish to refuse the same, the user must clearly express this wish to the photographer or cameraman at the event. Should the user wish to have InterNations remove a photograph already published on the InterNations website, the user must contact InterNations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be open to making everyone feel welcome and to sharing the spirit of connecting global minds.
InterNations is a private network that provides its members with a platform to interact with each other. Everyone is free to join InterNations and free to choose his or her level of membership. Members of InterNations have agreed to adhere to our General Terms and Conditions and to respect our standards of conduct.
Please behave in a respectful manner towards other InterNations members, the platform of www.internations.org and the InterNations staff.