Join now

To Help Members Find Accomodation in London

Londoners generally look in Loot for accommodation be it an apartment (known colloquially as a flat) or room. On the internet sites like Gumtree.co.uk and SpareRoom.co.uk bare fruit.

Be careful though of the ads, some are priced so good for a reason, for example......

Good size, fully furnished one double bedroom flat my flat is a complete one double bedroom flat and there is no one one living in the flat just a bedroom flat and you can share with anybody if you want to share i am renting out the whole flat for 400pounds per month but right now there is no flat mate in the house its empty it is situated on the first floor of small conversion. Reception room with double bed and TV with satellite. Open plan kitchen with electric oven/hob,
fridge/freezer, washer-dryer, microwave and exhaust fan. Double bedroom
with air conditioning. Bathroom with a bath and shower and lovely decked terrace with patio furniture. Wood floors throughout. Double glazing. Central heating.billls inclusive in the rent Flat benefits from:

~Freeview 32' flat screen, DVD, washer/dryer, dishwasher,

~Separate living

~Good size terrace overlooking gardens.

~Private underground car parking space.

~all bills included in the rent plus council tax

~Communal gardens

~rented fully furnished.

~No admin fees

~rent per week 100pounds

~rent per month for the whole one bedroom flat 400p0unds

~refundable security deposit 600pounds

~gloucester road

~post code SW7 4SF

~south kensington london england.

~Available to move in now.

---------- Protected content

That advert is a scam - in Gloucester Road it's at least £600 a week, and in the ad it says pounds - probably written on non-English keyboard........

The reply that came back:

Glad to hear back from you right now im in cardiff,on a business trip before i can come down to london for the viewing , i have to be very sure im dealing with the right person.also i will like to ask you some few questions before we can arrange for the viewing
How many of you are coming to live in my flat?
Can you take care of my flat as it is?
Can you come along with your identity when you coming for viewing?
How many months do you intend to rent and pay for?
Do you have references in London?
1. it has been observed thats some tenants do not have the money to pay the rent and yet they keep disturbing the the landlord to arrange a viewing with their friend or relative .i hope you re not one of them .
2. Also some do not meet up with the viewing appointments which has led to the dismissal of some landlords in office by there employees.
Protected content has been made by the association that a willing and serious tenants should be able to make transfer of the security deposit and one month rent to a friends or relative name which a confirmation will be made on the transfer done to check if he or she is capable of paying the rent before arranging for a viewing or to retain the flat till your arrival and also stop other people from viewing the flat..

Protected content not asking you to send or transfer the money to me, just get the transfer done to any of your family or friend in the UK ( London ). Like i said in one of my previous email, this is a procedure given to us by the Landlord Association due to past/bad experiences with the other landlords and We've been warned not to take a bank statement or personal information from anyone,
All you need to do
Locate the nearest western union shop around you. 2.Pick up the form of transfer and fill in the details which needs to be filled and return back to the post master.Details needed on the form are {sender name;your name and address.}{receiver name and address} 3.Return back to the post master with the cash you are transferring to your partner or friend and wait for the receipt to be returned back to you. 4.Scan the receipt to me and give me a call so my lawyer can check it if its truly genuine and available in your friend's custody this will just take 30min to confirm from the website. 5.After it has been confirmed on the website,then we can proceed for the viewing.

Get back to me asap because i have and alot of student who re willing to rent the flat and its based on first come frist serve basis and let me know when you get the transfer done, if you can get the transfer done now. then we can schedule a viewing ...call me on 070................ so we can meet up for the viewing
Regards
mr alexander
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Protected content

the wording is false

------------------------- Protected content

You can find a bargain, but equally you should be careful!

BE WARNED

London Forum