I am looking for people who might be interested to go for this event. I will be part of it also. We need to be at least 6 pax for it to kick off.
This is a privately arrange EVENT if interested please inbox me, so that we can fine tune the arrangements:
The below itinerary include option for boat ride to Central Island in Lake Turkana and visit to lake Baringo on last day.
DAY 01: NOV 1 ST NAIROBI – KITALE.
Depart Nairobi at 8.30am for a drive of 6 hours to Kitale via Nakuru and Eldoret, lunch will be at Eldoret town and will arrive Kitale in the afternoon for a good rest and overnight in a budget hotel or drive past Kitale to Marich Pass and sleep in Bandas, dinner included.
DAY 02 NOV 02 nd : KITALE – LAKE TURKANA KALOKOL.
Early morning breakfast and thereafter make a drive of Protected content of TAMAC/rough road to Kalokol via Kapenguria and Lodwar, 8 OR 9 HOURS DRIVE. At Kalokol, this will be pure basic camping and this is a fishing center and does not have facilities. We will set up the camp at the Catholic Church or one of the local administrations compound. We will carry tents and other basic equipment for use. Picnic lunch on the way, dinner and overnight at Karokol.
DAY 03 NOV 03 RD :LAKE TURKANA KALOKOL.
A full day at Kalokol center option is a boat ride to Central Island at extra cost for any one who wish to do the excursion and also do fishing. Also we will provide logistics with the local people/Administration for the group to get the best location for the Eclipse by either driving on walking to the location as the campsite must be at Kalokol. All meals and overnight camping at Kalokol.
DAY 05 NOV 04 TH : LAKE TURKANA KALOKOL –KITALE
After breakfast, breakup the camp the camp and drive back via Lodwar/Kapenguria down to Kitale, the drive will be for 7 to 8 hours with picnic lunch. Check in at Muremba Guest House..
DAY 06 NOV 05 TH : KITALE – LAKE BARINGO VIA ELDORET.
Morning at leisure in Kitale and thereafter depart for Nairobi to arrive in the evening by 6.00pm, lunch on the way.
THE PRICE FOR THE ABOVE WILL BE KSH35,250 PER PERSON FOR THE 5 DAYS. FOR YOUR SAFARI TO TAKE OFF WE NEED A MINIMUM OF 6 PERSONS.
If we take the alternative of only hiring the vehicle the cost will be slightly under Ksh. 17,000 per person. To cater for common transport and fuel. Excluding meals and accommodation.
The boat ride to Central Island is about Ksh14,000/= with Maximum of 12 persons and we will also need to pay park fees of Ksh200/= per person. We can pas via Lake Baringo and it will cost extra Ksh1,500/= per person, if we decided to pass via Baringo we will arrive Nairobi by 6.00 or 7.00pm on the last day.
CAMPING RATES - WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transport by a custom-made safari JEEP.
- Services of an English speaking driver/guide and cook
- All campsite fees & camping equipments, tents Shared by 2 people), stools, foam mattresses [MUST bring own sleeping bags]
- Three meals a day while on safari whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian prepared by our safari cook
Sleeping bags [available for hire in the office at Ksh 2,500/=]
- Personal travel insurance or Emergency Evacuation cover.
- Towels, laundry, telephones, beverages/mineral water, tipping.
- Anything of personal nature WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
-Sleeping bag -Personal spending money and tipping
- Clients must carry all their, clothing's in rack sack (back pack) or duffle bags. No suitcase please. Any extra luggage can be stored in our office [We have limited room for luggage while on safari.]
- Long trousers & jersey for the cold mornings / evenings.
- Light clothes for hot days, safari hat, swim suit, good walking shoes
- Torch & batteries, sunglasses, sun lotion, insect repellent - Mineral water - Camera, binoculars, safari guidebook or Map
- Toilet paper, towel, soap, toothbrush & paste
- Personal travel insurance - Your driver will stop by any nearby stalls or super market where you can purchase your desired drinks /beverages to enjoy at the campfire.
These are adventure-oriented safaris where one enjoys; Nature experience, wildlife, culture and scenery. The safaris are basic and NOT luxury; we carry the camping equipments with us on safari and set up the camps in designated areas. Most of the campsites do not have any facilities; some have latrines and cold showers, while others have non. We provide tent for 2 persons and small mattresses to use; every client must bring along a sleeping bag for use during the safari.
During the camping safari you are welcome to participate in the activities at the campsite but we have a cook who prepares the meals and helps you to set up tents and also takes care of the camp when you and driver are away.
The food we provide are prepared at the campsite by our safari cook in the open, we provide bottled water for washing vegetables and fruits for the safety of the clients. We must be advised in advance if anyone is vegetarian or if they have special diets. All clients must bring bottled water for their use on safari, as we do not provide any. No water is available at the campsite for sale and must be bought in Nairobi or any other town before departure of safari. While our departure from Nairobi are between 08h Protected content , they can be delayed due to packing of food supply or any other unforeseen circumstances but we will always endeavor to keep time. While on safari, all National park and Game reserves or any other area, have rules and regulations and this must be followed to the latter.