Ocean view, beachfront apartment in Cau-Cau Beach, Valparaiso, Chile is available for rent exclusively to the international community at a reasonable rate!
We are pleased to offer our amazing, beachfront apartment that comfortably sleeps six to the ExPat community and tourists visiting Chile. We have put a lot of care and energy into making our apartment like a home away from home, so please take care of it as you would your own!
RENTAL RATES Protected content
Mid Season: September 1 to December 19, Protected content March Protected content 3, Protected content
* CLP$40.000 per night (or approximately USD$68,00)
* There are no minimum stay requirements unless it is a long, holiday weekend
High Season: December 20, Protected content 1, Protected content
* CLP$45.000 per night (or approx. USD$76,00)
* 7 night minimum stay
* Until November 15, Protected content , we are accepting reservations for the High Season on a weekly basis, from Saturday to Saturday. After November 15th, we will accept reservations that do not fall under that Saturday to Saturday requirement - depending on availability.
Low Season: May 4, Protected content 31, Protected content
* CLP$35.000 per night (or approx. USD$59,00 per night)
* There are no minimum stay requirements unless it is a long, holiday weekend or the official Chilean July winter holidays
One-Time Cleaning Fee: CLP$15. Protected content approx. USD$25)
Security Deposit: CLP$45. Protected content . USD$76)
* Returned to you when the keys are returned and the apartment is vacated in the condition it was given to you
OPTIONAL Bath Towels and Sheets Rental: CLP$10. Protected content . USD$17)
* Quilts and blankets are included in the rental
For reference purposes, apartments in the condominium typically start at around CLP$60.000 per night (or approx. USD$102,00). Our rates, however, are far more reasonable. Why, you may be asking? Because we are only offering our apartment to the international community (a much smaller market) and our hopes is to have the apartment rented out often as opposed to just sitting empty with no one to enjoy it :-)
Our apartment is located on Cau-Cau Beach, a semi-private beach in Chile's 5th Region of Valparaiso that is truly one of Chile's best kept secrets! There is another beach that you can easily walk to in Horcon, a quaint fisherman's village where there are restaurants, traditional Chilean artisan market, convenience stores, and a small supermarket. Other popular beaches, such as Maitencillo, Zapallar and Papudo, are just a short drive away. Viña del Mar is about a 45 minute drive and Valparaiso is about a one hour drive.
- Maximum Capacity: 6 people
- Bedrooms: 2
- Closet Space with Hangers: YES
- Full Bathroom: 1
- Beds: 1 double bed, 2 trundle beds (single beds with another single bed underneath them) - includes quilts, blankets and pillows
- Kitchen: Fully equipped - including new stove, microwave, coffeemaker, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, etc.
- Patio: YES! And it's HUGE!
- Heating: There is an electric heater that heats up the entire apartment
- Reserved Parking Space: YES (1)
- Visitor Parking Spaces: YES
- Pets Allowed: NO
- Smoking Permited: NO (only outside on the patio and with the sliding glass door closed, please)
- Board Games: YES
- Flat Screen Television: YES
- Cable TV: YES
- WiFi: NO (but there is free WiFi in the club house)
- DVD Player: YES
- DVD Movies: YES (including childrens' movies)
- Tennis Rackets: YES
- Baby Gate: YES (easy to place and remove)
- Bar-B-Q Grill: YES (an electric, stand-up grill since gas and coal grills are not allowed in the condo)
- Books in English: YES
- Check-in Time: 4pm onward
- Check-out Time: 12pm
- Flexible Check-in and Check-out Times: When it's possible, we're very flexible! But please note that it will likely not be possible during the High Season
- Hosts: Penelope (or Penny!) Ortega and Claudio Bustos
- Languages Spoken Fluently: English, French and Spanish
- Name: Caucau Condominio
- Type: Gated community
- Security: 24/7 with active patrolling for your safety
- Cleaning and Maintenance of the Grounds: YES
- Fenced-in Pool: YES (open during the summer season only)
- Fenced-in Kiddie Pool: YES (open during the summer season only)
- Gym: YES
- Jacuzzi: YES Protected content a small fee (reserve prior to using)
- Sauna: YES - for a small fee (reserve prior to using)
- Tennis Courts: YES (free during the day - small fee at night) - the onsite convenience store rents out tennis rackets and balls
- Soccer Field: YES
- Playground Area: YES
- Bar-B-Q Pits: YES (reserve prior to using)
- Club House: YES
- WiFi: YES (in the Club House only)
- Onsite Convenience Store: YES (open every day during the summer season from 9am to midnight and open over long holiday weekends during the rest of the
- Room Service: YES! The convenience store prepares delicious lunches at a reasonable price during the High Season. For CLP$ Protected content approx. USD$6) you receive an entree (typically a salad entree), main dish (typically a choice between the fish of the day or a meat dish) and side dish (typically rice, potatoes or salad). They will deliver the meals to your apartment or you can enjoy your lunch by the pool. They will also deliver fresh baked bread in the mornings, empanadas, desserts, and other grocery items.
Laundry Facilities: YES - CLP$1.500 per token (approx. USD$2.50)
To Secure Your Reservation: A 50% deposit of the rental fee is required to secure your reservation. References are available upon request to ease any concerns you may have.
If for unforeseen circumstances you are unable to fulfill the agreement, know that it is not my interest to keep your deposit just for the sake of it! Considering the limitations we have placed on ourselves to only rent the apartment to the international community, my interest is in establishing a long-term relationship with you because a) I want you to recommend our place to your friends and family and b) I want you to come back and rent from me again!
So, officially speaking, if you cancel for whatever reason, AND you had rented the apartment during the High Season or over a long, holiday weekend, I will put the apartment back up for rental (and you are also welcome to offer it up to your friends to see if anyone is interested!) and if it gets rented, we will happily return the deposit. If it gets rented for only SOME of the days, then a partial refund will be given. During the High Season and over long, holiday weekends during the rest of the year, it should be quite easy to find other renters, so you should be fine (unless, for instance, you cancel the day before you were supposed to arrive!)
For cancellations the rest of the year, a similar principle applies. If you reserved over a regular weekend or even days during the week during the off-season, and I did NOT turn away any other potential guests because you had that particular time period reserved, then I would be happy to return your deposit, no questions asked - regardless of whether or not I am able to rent out the apartment for the days you had originally reserved. Here, you'll simply have to trust me on this as there's no concrete way to prove that I did indeed turn potential guests away...But, again, know that my interest is in establishing a solid, long-lasting relationship with you and am thus not interested in keeping your deposit for short-term gain when there is greater potential in having you as a happy guest for future rentals!
We are currently accepting reservations for the summer season! Until November 15th, we are taking reservations for the High Season on a weekly basis, from Saturday to Saturday. After November 15th, we will begin accepting reservations for rental periods that don't fall under that "Saturday to Saturday" week - depending on availability, of course. Avoid disappointment later and reserve your preferred week today! Weekly rental rate is CLP$315.000 which works out to CLP$45.000 per night (or approx. USD$536 for the week which works out to about USD$76 per night)
- December 20 to 27, Protected content Christmas tree included!) - RESERVED
- December 27 to January 3, Protected content Christmas tree included and prime view of the Horcon fireworks!) - RESERVED
- January 3 to January 10, Protected content
- January 10 to January 17, Protected content
- January 17 to January 24, Protected content
- January 24 to January 31, Protected content
- January 31 to February 7, Protected content
- February 7 to February 14, Protected content
- February 14 to February 21, Protected content
- February 21 to February 28, Protected content
Thank you for your interest in our apartment. Feel free to call or email me if you have any further questions!
Penelope (or Penny!) Ortega
Whats App and Cell: Protected content
North American Telephone: Protected content