Join now

Take VIOLIN/VIOLA lessons: Trial lesson free! (Vienna)

Hello InterNations Community,

For those of you I have not yet met at one of our community events, my name is Jing. I am a violist and teaching violin and viola here in beautiful Vienna!

Originally from Chicago, I free-lanced many years in "the Windy City" with symphonic and chamber ensembles as well as toured with opera companies abroad. One of which was with Castelton Festival, founded and directed by former artistic director of the Wiener Staatsoper, Lorin Maazel. While in Chicago, I taught my own private studio of students as well as in inner city school music programs. My teaching influences mainly come from Paul Rolland, who worked at my alma mater in the 70's, and the world-renown pedagogy faculty at the Jacobs School of Music at Indiana University. I got my start with international teaching in Dubai where I taught violin and viola for international English speaking schools. There, I began working with students towards ABRSM and Trinity exams in addition to other repertoire.

As a teacher and performer, I can personally advocate for the benefits of music learning in a student's life. To name a few, music exposes them to history and other cultures, promotes self-confidence, as well as sharpen problem-solving skills. If any of you have questions about lessons or would like to begin a free 30 minute trial lesson, please don't hesitate to send me an email: jing.chen. Protected content

Thanks for reading and looking forward to meet more IN members this Spring!