Testronic sp. z o.o. is looking for QA Localisation Technician - native speakers of English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
This role requires a highly motivated, proactive and ambitious individual with an interest and knowledge of games consoles. Good organisational and communication skills should be combined with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
1) Be an in-house resource to test localised versions in target language. And in particular:
• Ensure localised assets are correctly translated, consistent with the English source and correctly implemented in to the game.
• Test software from the instructions provided to the required timescale across all the current game platforms including PC, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3, DS, Wii, DSi and 3DS.
• Conform during testing to the format holders’ and clients’ standards.
• Accurately record bugs found, by entering them into the database in a clear and concise manner and providing viable solutions to the issues.
• Re-test Claimed/Fixed bugs in later builds, and check the corresponding database entry.
• Use of localisation tools (text files or localisers)
• Raise any problems found or queries with the QA Localisation Lead Technician.
• Complete any daily tasks set by the QA Localisation Lead Technician, e.g. play-through recordings.
• Make sure the title is of industry quality standards before release.
2) To perform Functional, technical and linguistic checks of Manuals and ReadMe files.
3) To perform translations when requested.
4) To perform other tasks when requested by the management team
5) To adhere to the company Security and Health & Safety procedures
6) To perform HE duties as directed by the management team
1. EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL:Mother tongue standard for target language. (Educated to degree level)
Educated to high standard of English language, with a deep understanding of grammar and spelling.
DESIRABLE:Previous experience in a QA Localisation environment.
2. TECHNICAL SKILLS
ESSENTIAL:A keen eye for detail.
General interest in PC and console games.
Good understanding of Windows Office & PC set-up.
DESIRABLE:Knowledge of bug tracking software is an advantage.
3. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Essential to be a good team member, who is willing to learn through experience.
4. OTHER SKILLS
Basic office skills. QA Localisation Technicians will be required to prepare some reports.
Please send your CVs to: Protected content