Extend your intercultural network for a good cause,
Platform Networking for Jobs
The competence centre Platform Networking for Jobs supports immigrants and Swiss repatriates who have both an academic and college education to find an appropriate place for their qualifications. Platform Networking for Jobs is supported by the city of Zurich, foundations and private donors, volunteer employees and partners from the private sector.
Quick overview about our offer
1. Individual Career Coaching: Positioning, professional processing of application documents
2. Assessments with MBI Consulting and Assessor from FHNW
3. Networking: Mentors, Companies (CSR), placement officer
4. Further Education (workshops, career-oriented language courses, project management)
How you can extend your intercultural network:
We use the experience and networking of dedicated professionals who support our candidates as mentors. We have a pool of companies that allow for positions, internships and mentoring programs.
You as a Mentor:
• You have technical, methodological and social skills and a network of contacts which you want to use for the achievement of project goals
• You would like to coach and accompany a person for several months in their job search and application process
• You are interested in extending your own intercultural network and coaching skills by joining our pool of experts
• Status quo assessment, job application strategy, optimisation of the application documentation
• You can share your knowledge (approx. 2hrs. / month)
Benefits for you:
• Take advantage of the various workshops available
• Coaching hours can count towards your further education
Your company as a CSR partner:
Platform Networking for Jobs worked for years in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility with different companies: SAP, Holcim, UBS, HSBC, Swisscom and IBM. Each company annually organizes a volunteer day on which executives, human resource managers and employees are involved in providing the Platform project participants a training ground for the application process. We also offer the opportunity for anyone interested to get involved as a mentor for the Platform participants.
Please contact us for questions or with details of your involvement