Join now

Seeking work! Advertising/Translation/Marketing (Frankfurt)

Dear InterNation-als,

I relocated from Montreal to Frankfurt 6 days ago and I have already fallen in love with the city, its bakeries and lovely swans (we don’t see those in Canada!)

I am actively looking for work and would greatly appreciate the help of the InterNations community.

I have experience in advertising, translation/localization, marketing and PR/Event mgmt and would like to pursue my career in either of these fields. If you hear or know about an opening within your company, I would greatly appreciate the referral.

A little bit more about myself…
I am a very enthusiastic communications professional with 4 years of work experience in advertising and translation industries, in account and project management functions.

I worked as an Account Executive for an advertising agency (Cossette) on the General Motors of Canada account, where I helped launch several multiplatform advertising campaigns for Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick and GMC (supervision of TV/Print/Digital/OOH/Event productions).

I also worked as a Translation Project Manager (SDL) and Translation Vendor Manager (Babel Media) where I had to remotely manage project teams of over 30 individuals operating in different countries, control schedules across several time zones and recruit project teams at local and international levels.

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Translation (Concordia University, Protected content am fluent in French (native French Canadian) and English, with basic knowledge of Spanish (A2). I intend on starting an intensive German Language within the coming days.

On the personal side, I am an outdoors/nutrition/fitness freak. I love kayaking,hiking, biking and fishing. I am an active user of most social media networks and avid reader of The Verge, Seth Godin's blog and Condé Nast publications.

You can find my full profile on XING here: Protected content
... and on LinkedIn:

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled for me!
Vanessa Melchers