Join now

How to join a PPP project in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)

I helped an international company to contact Thai Binh province and Da Nang city to inquiry about their PPP projects and here is what I learned:

Foreign company without office/branch in Vietnam is welcome to join a PPP project.

To join this project, the investor need to:

+ send an official letter to People’s Committee and Department of Planning and Investment
of province to suggest making a proposal about the project, ask for information they want to ask,
arrange a visit. The visit must provide exact date and attendants.
+ After the proposal of the project is approved,
investor will discuss with people’s committee to make feasibility study report (FSR).
+ When the FSR is approved, investor can receive some benefits as investor
and can start other steps to implement the project.
=======
Below are some information of Hoa Khanh Industrial Zone waste water project at Da Nang:
Decision maker: The People’s Committee of Da Nang city.
Project size and capacity:
+ To replace sewage collection pipe with total length of 16,083m.

+ To renovate and upgrade the wastewater treatment station and expand an area of 15,000m2, increasing the volume of wastewater to 6,000m3 / day and total capacity of 10,000m3 / day.

Technical requirements:
+ Hoa Khanh wastewater treatment station: Replace current mode of waste treatment by chemical;

+ Collecting pipeline: the estimated standard length diameter and material are 500mm and HDPE, respectively.

Estimated total investment: VND Protected content (including the cost of design, consulting, construction, operating and technology transfer costs, project management fees, reserves, financial charges and other expenses)
Type of project contracts: DBOM or BOT
Project duration:
+ Construction duration: Protected content

+ Operation and Maintenance duration: Protected content .

Current status of the wastewater collection system: mainly made of centrifugal concrete pipes since Protected content , so far became seriously degraded due to corrosion of the waste water, causing cracks and leaks.

In Protected content , there are Protected content in total operating in Hoa Khanh Industrial Zone, of which those have wastewater have connected to the sewage collection system of industrial zone to centralize wastewater treatment in the wastewater treatment station. Among the projects without connection, there are 06 enterprises which have not yet implemented connection and 05 remaining ones running business in the fields of public service have not yet implemented connection due to their lacks of collection system investment.

Hoa Khanh IZ waste water treatment station was completed and put into operation in Protected content bio-chemical treatment technology and discontinuous batch. Design capacity: 5,000 m3 / day. The actual amount of water to the station: Protected content / day. Treated waste water is at level B, TCVN Protected content discharged into Cu De river.

In case you want to learn more about any PPP project in Vietnam, contact me and hire me as your Business Liaison.

Ho Chi Minh City Forum