My client is looking for an experienced RBC Accountant to join their global brand on a permanent basis to start being part of their Financial Operations Department ASAP.
If you have the technical skills to be successful as an Accountant but also possess the stakeholder management & people management skills, then you are potentially the right candidate for this key position.
The RBC Accountant’s main functions will be to manage the more complex Rule Based Controlling (RBC) processes where specific activities are performed by a third party service provider in order to increase operational efficiency and service quality.
The RBC Accountant will also Execute Bridge Head Function of R2R activities, providing communication and co-ordination between the third party R2R associates, local organization, A&IC and FP&A in order to provide correct bookkeeping and reconciled balance sheet within the given Corporate deadlines.
This role will also design and implement process improvements in full cooperation with relevant organizations, e.g. A&IC.
Some of the key area’s the RBC Accountant will be responsible for are :
• Creating and maintaining clear communication channels with the sector and the third party service provider
• Executing the more complex parts of the Rule Based Controlling processes
• Actively monitoring and controlling the Rule Based Controlling activities performed by the third party service provider to ensure quality and efficiency of the related processes
• Taking part in business initiated improvement projects as representative of Finance & Accounting
• Channeling requests to the back-office to increase efficiency, reduce cost of services and set priority (Demand management)
• Pro-actively seeking opportunities to automate and/or outsource, in close cooperation with the business controllers and managers
• To ensure that all balances are correctly held and that adequate reconciliations are available with appropriate documentation, whether prepared within FinOps or the Third party (BSAR).
• Complete Internal Controls work in accordance with the Internal Control Standard (ICS) tool on a timely and accurate basis and supervise ICS tasks carried out by other members of FinOps team.
• Verify the compliance with valuation rules ( PAP, IFRS, local regulations)
• Ensure adequate control of the Companies fixed assets and Payroll accounting activities by maintaining proper control, allocation, recording and physical verification processes.
• Support the local ORUs and Infosys in providing accurate and timely data for the Group consolidation in Holland (MEC reporting)
• Support the ORU controller with process improvements
• Provide accurate and timely data for local consolidations, fiscal reporting and other internal and external requirements.
Essential Skills & Requirements needed for the role:
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA,CIMA or similar)
• A Bachelor degree in Finance or equivalent
• Knowledge about legal and fiscal requirements
• Profound Knowledge of E2E accounting processes
• Ability to analyse the total balance sheet and identify improvement opportunities
• Ability to investigate account reconciliations and justifications
• Ability to read, understand and implement corporate instructions
• Knowledge of reporting & analysis requirements of the relevant Philips business to be able to drive harmonization and optimization.
• Knowledge of controlling processes
• Highly developed analytical capabilities, with a strong business and customer sense
• Ability to effectively influence and collaborate with colleagues from various disciplines
• Adaptable with good communications skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you tick all of the above and want to work for an innovative and global brand, then apply by sending your CV to William Nicolas Ltd, the Agency representing the company assigned to this search at:
Please state “RBC Accountant” in the subject of your email.