Head of Media Relations, Central London
My prestigious client is looking for a Head of Media Relations to work in a fantastic environment.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Business Development, you will work closely with the Director and other members of the Management Board.
The post-holder sets the strategic direction of the Press Office in support of the Organisation aims and business objectives. You will design and deliver media plans that enhance the reputation of the Organisation, and will be fully aligned with the organisation’s Three-Year Plan and reflect Vision, Mission, Personality and Values. You will also work on your own media projects, while managing, motivating and developing the Press Office team.
The post-holder has overall responsibility for the company’ Press Office :
- Line-manage the Communications Manager & Deputy Head of Media Relations, who manages the day-to-day Press Office function
- set and manage the Press Office budget.
- is a member of the Senior Managers group.
• To contribute to the development of the Three-Year Plan, advising on the media landscape and reputational issues.
• To create and evaluate the Press Office's annual plan in support of Organisation Three-Year Plan and in consultation with key internal stakeholders.
• To develop and maintain fruitful contacts across print, broadcast and digital media to secure positive coverage of organisation programme and to increase understanding of the different aims.
• To cultivate, shape and manage media partnerships, so that the interests of all internal stakeholders are reflected in partnership agreements and there is a positive outcome for all parties.
• To ensure all media campaigns have clear objectives and measures of success, and are evaluated for the Management Board and project groups.
• To work with the Head of Marketing to ensure that Press and Marketing section plans are developed in tandem and are complementary and collaborative.
• To ensure digital, particularly social, is fully integrated into Press Office work.
• To manage and create content for the 'About' section of the website.
• To maintain relationships with key outside bodies, such as tourism, arts and heritage organisations.
• To ensure that all Company news is communicated to internal staff through the Intranet.
• To write and edit copy for the Annual Report.
• To deputise for the Director of Communications and Business Development.
Person Specification (Skills, Experience & Competencies)
The post holder should have:
• Education to degree level, (or equivalent) ideally in a relevant subject
• Hold a professional PR/communications qualification
• A proven and substantial track record of leading high-profile media-relations campaigns in a senior communications role within a relevant environment
• Knowledge of how the media works, with a well-developed network of contacts
• Experience of dealing with senior journalists and external stakeholders
• Experience of managing the competing demands of internal stakeholders
• The ability to meet challenging deadlines without compromising standards
• The ability to plan strategically, while managing the detail
• An astute thinker with excellent judgment and the skill to handle difficult media issues with care and diplomacy
• A consistently proactive approach, applying creativity and flair to each project
• Unfailing attention to detail, an outstanding knowledge of grammar and forensic proofreading skills
• A passion for writing, with the ability to produce engaging copy for a variety of audiences
• Experience of crisis communications and reputation management
• Experience of leading and developing a team to reach their full potential
• In-house experience
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary communications team
• Knowledge of, and interest in the Arts and history
Please just send your CV at Protected content if you are interested or have any questions.