Job opportunity at the Goethe-Institut London
Part-time Co-ordinator for Educational Service (emphasis on Language Marketing)
Start Date: 1 September Protected content
Job Type: 50%, 19.5 hours per week
Remuneration: £13,700 p.a.
Holiday allowance 26 days pro rata
Contributory pension scheme (optional)
The Goethe-Institut is Germany's cultural institute. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural co-operation.
In our London office, we are looking to recruit a Co-ordinator for Educational Services (emphasis on Language Marketing) to join our Language Department.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
* organise the marketing of the institute's Educational Services including events
* manage promotional and advertising programmes for German as a Foreign
* content supervision and management of the Educational Services website
* organise and carry out projects to promote German as a Foreign Language
* collaborate with British institutions on projects related to German language
Protected content and learning
* collate information material
* maintain and update information files on the UK education system
* general administrative duties
other related duties as required, including:
* deputise for the other Co-ordinator for Educational Services including general
Protected content and grant management
* assist the Head of Language Department with day-to-day activities
Ideally, you will have gained a background in the British educational system and will be educated to degree or the equivalent standard.
YOU SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
* excellent knowledge of the British educational system
* excellent organisational skills incl. good knowledge of managing budgets
* highly developed IT skills (MS Office, Web content management systems, etc.)
* excellent command of spoken and written English and German incl. the ability
Protected content translate (German/English and English/German)
* resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
* be a good team member with strong interpersonal skills.
Closing Date for Applications: Protected content 2010
Applications (preferably by e-mail) should be sent to:
Uwe Rau, Head of Languages
Mail Protected content
Please use our Application Form on Protected content