Technical Procurement Specialist - Greater London
My client, a well-known Multinational company, is one of the biggest global players in its field in term of turnover.
The company is leader in a large range of diverse products and businesses.
They are seeking a bright individual who is looking to develop a career within Procurement, in a growing department getting more importance within the business.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Market Procurement Manager UKI ,the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of material & services within one of the Company business unit. The role will be of key importance to the department and wider business as it will have direct responsibility for: challenging and controlling costs, identifying savings areas, whilst ensuring delivery of a first class service from 3rd party suppliers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Develop a category sourcing strategy for each allocated category area
• Manage relationships with current and potential suppliers for each allocated category area
• Develop full understanding of current cost base within allocated categories, including reviewing whole life cost/ total cost of ownership
• Challenge current cost base, through negotiation, benchmarking and tender activity as appropriate
• Support teams in tender/bid processes by dealing with all 3rd party suppliers as required
• Achieve agreed savings targets
• Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business (in order to raise purchasing profile within the business)
• Negotiate supply terms and contracts in line with standard terms and conditions and internal/external requirements
• Any other purchasing duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
• Solid experience in technical categories, ie: Engineering, Technology or Construction procurement environment.
• Strong stakeholder management skills in a reporting environment
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to draft contractual terms and conditions in draft form working with different stakeholders and Company legal representative
• Experience in contract negotiations
• Ability to provide business cost models and TCO for contract awards
• Act as main focal point for all procurement activities for the projects and solutions team, co-ordinating and driving the tendering process for joint procurement and business contract awards to 3rd party providers
• Ability to translate supply solutions / strategies in practical implementation
• Ability to pro-actively innovate and find opportunities for procurement to add value to the overall Company business
• Strategic thinking and insight
• Good working knowledge of MS office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• CIPS qualification or equivalent degree level
Please just send your CV at Protected content if you are interested by this great opportunity.