Join now

Qualified Private English IELTS Tutor London

Hello,

My name is Anna. I worked as an IELTS examiner and ESL teacher for over 7 years around the world. Now I am a full-time private tutor.

I am a British native speaker from LONDON with postgraduate and teaching qualifications from CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY.
My parents are from Hong Kong and China but I was born in England and speak British English.

I am an IELTS trained tutor and I work with IELTS examiners.
I can teach you what you need to get a band 7 or 8 or 9.
I also teach general English. I can help you improve your pronunciation, give speech training and social English skills.

As a professional, I also teach business English, interview skills and help with proofreading essays/letters/resumes/thesis documents etc. I have knowledge in Mathematics, Computing, Finance, Banking, Statistics, Philosophy, Psychology, Physics, Literature, Art History, Geography and Nutritional Therapy. I have also worked with professors to help proofread their thesis and research papers from Universities around the world.

About Me

- Unlike many other tutors, I do not have another job. This is my only job and only source of income so I give all my time and care, making sure you learn everything you need. I am often recommended by my students so I care about my reputation. I am not interested in earning lots of money, I simply love teaching.

- I used to be an IT Manager but found a passion for teaching as it made me happy. I have been travelling and teaching for many years. I have helped many students pass their English exams and get a job in many countries such as England, Spain and Australia. Some of these students are now my friends who I continue to support throughout their lives. So I am genuinely interested in helping you.

- Lessons are usually Protected content a week. For exams, I recommend a maximum of Protected content per week (2 hours per week is average). This means most of my students improve by at least 1 band after only Protected content of tutoring with me.

- I am an IELTS trained tutor and work with IELTS examiners therefore I have up-to-date knowledge of current exam topics and question types.

- My speciality is helping students achieve IELTS band 7 to 9 but I also teach Business English, interview skills, dissertation and essay checking/proofreading and other English examinations such as CAE, PET, FCE.

+ Availability : Everyday, including weekends, bank holidays and public holidays. My time is flexible but normally I teach between 10am to 8pm. Different hours can be negotiated.
Evening lessons before 9pm can also be arranged but limited to certain days of the week.

+ Where? : Central London within zones Protected content as a library or a cafe. Can do home visits. If you live more than 30 minutes away from Waterloo, then I tend to charge extra for travel. Please ask me for further details.

I also offer online tutoring for those who live in more remote areas or for lessons after 7pm.

+ How much? : £25 per hour face to face, £20 per hour online. Discounts for long-term students.

All students will be provided with FREE copies of English books such as Grammar in Practice, Vocabulary in Practice, Cambridge IELTS practice books as well as many other practise materials and sample letters/essays/reports. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR ANY NEW BOOKS FOR MY LESSONS.

+ How many lessons?: I recommend 2 hours per week but no more than 4 hours a week. You may end lessons at any time - you are in control.

+ More information : Visit my website shown below.

+ How do I contact you?: I am often tutoring during the day so best to email or text message me. You can also contact me by going to my website and clicking on the `Contact Me` page. We can also arrange to chat via Skype prior to the first lesson.

London Forum