Translation Project Coordinator/London
This position serves as the regular contact person between our clients (internal and external) and our global network of linguists.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for communicating specific detailed instructions to linguists, and managing workflows and
processes. They are accountable for the final quality assurance of translation and real-time, accurate recording of activities.
• Review the jobs assigned and assess the needs for additional information, e.g. compilation of glossaries, previously
translated similar documents, list of acronyms, technical terminology and translation memories.
• Manage translation teams and linguist assets to ensure compliance with the company’s productions workflow, and that
quality and turn-around standards are met.
• Select and assign translation teams, negotiate rates and deadlines and coordinate production with translators,
proofreaders, in-country client reviewers, typesetters and customer service reps.
• Keep sales person/customer service rep up to date at all times.
• Keep project admin up to date at all times and maintain accurate records of all costs.
• Check project costs for accuracy and match to purchase order.
• Exercise sound judgment in keeping supervisors informed of potential difficulties.
• Inform supervisor of all issues affecting costs, quality and turn-around.
• Check accuracy of translation prior to sending it to client or to typesetting if needed.
Qualifications and key attributes:
• College degree (BA, BS) and degree in translation and/or interpretation or equivalent experience.
• Fluent in both English and French, ideally two additional languages to mother tongue standard.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml)
• Familiarity with desktop publishing software (Indesign, QuarkXPress, Framemaker)
• Linguistic skills to include ability to create glossaries, assess quality and completeness of translations.
• Advanced translation memory experience including TRADOS, Multiterm IX, Context, glossary and file management
• Minimum 3 years previous project management experience in translation services.
• Ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects simultaneously in a hectic, time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to communicate accurately detailed instructions to multilingual vendors.
• Detail and service orientated.
• Clear sense of accountability.
• Flexible team player
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Can mix and relate well to all levels
• Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised
• Flexibility to work overtime when required
• Professional demeanor
• Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives
• Self motivated and proactive
If you feel that you possess the skills and experience required to perform to the highest level in this role, then please send your CV
to: Protected content