Join now

Maid/Cook and Carpenter/Plumber/Handiman (Mumbai)

Hi all. I just shifted to a 2 BHK in Bandra West (Carter Road) and I'm looking for maid/cook and a carpenter/plumber/handiman.

Maid/Cook – I would like to find a maid/cook that could come Protected content a week (ideally, 5 days a week, Monday-Friday). General cleaning, sweeping, mopping, laundry (I have a washer and dryer). I also have a dishwasher, so that would just be loading and unloading, etc. The person needs to be pet friendly and ideally can converse in English (at least minimally). It would also be great to be able to rely on this person to come and check on Mac (my cat) when I travel (once a day, for which I usually pay extra). As for cooking, I had a cook (separate from a maid) in Hyderabad that came twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays) and she would make a couple of curry dishes (usually 2) and some rice and that’s what I would eat for lunches and/or dinners. If I could find someone that cooks continental food as well, that would be even better. Ideally, I’d like to find one person for both cooking and cleaning – but I’m not adverse to 2 different people.

Carpenter/Plumber/Handiman – I am also on the look out for a carpenter/plumber/handiman for some basic things around the apartment. For instance, I am going to be getting a new flat screen TV, so I need someone that can help mount the TV. Also, I want to hang some artwork. I have a slow drain in my shower and wanted to see if there’s something that can be done about that, and also a geyser that is not working properly (although I will check with the landlord on that one!).

If you have any recommendations, please feel free to send me a message or leave a comment. Thanks so much!

Mumbai Forum