Location: Quito, Ecuador
EcuaExplora is searching for a Director who will administer, implement, and
continuously develop the organization’s study, volunteer and internship programs
in Ecuador. The Director serves as the resident director for a number of established partners based in the US/UK and works closely with their respective staff members to assure they have accurate program information and marketing materials to recruit new participants and advise them accurately. The Director also works to recruit students directly to EcuaExplora programs via web and university relations strategies. The ideal candidate will have a strong familiarity with education abroad and volunteer market in Latin America, previous administrative experience, be self-directed and motivated to grow a small company.
● Familiarity with US-managed study abroad programs and the host university
● Excellent intercultural communication abilities.
● Native or near-native Spanish language competency
● In-depth knowledge of both U.S. and local systems of higher education.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills; computer literacy.
● Marketing and sales skills.
● Crisis management training or background.
Position Minimum Requirements:
● Must have spent time studying, traveling or living overseas with particular
emphasis in Latin America. Familiarity with Ecuador a plus.
● Bachelor degree required. Major and/or Master’s degree in a relevant field
strongly preferred, i.e. international education, IR, Latin America studies, etc.
● Three years of work experience, with at least one year of overseas work
experience. Diversity in experiences preferred.
● Administration of programs in either US or host culture.
● Physical adaptability. Quito is at Protected content and travel and work with individual
volunteers or group may require participation in projects in remote areas, heat
and humidity, or extreme cold.
● Reside in Quito, Ecuador (either currently or be willing to relocate)
Compensation and Benefits:
● Salary commensurate with experience
● Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
● International medical and accident insurance (for expats only)
● Protected content retirement plan (for US citizens only)
Application and Selection Process:
Please submit the following:
● Resume / CV
● Cover letter indicating relevant skills, experience and motivation for applying
● Two professional references
Completed applications should be sent to Protected content
Interviews will begin the week of December 15th with follow-up interviews for top
candidates beginning shortly thereafter. Anticipated employment start date January
EcuaExplora is a leading provider of study, intern and volunteer opportunities in
Ecuador. Its objective is to share the local culture by providing opportunities for
students, interns and volunteers from other countries to come and explore the rich
environment and fascinating culture of the Ecuadorian nation.