supply chain SHEA (Amsterdam)
i am looking for a "suppply chain assistant manager SHEA."
(Initially based in Burkina Faso; later possibly in another French speaking country in West Africa)
The Supply Chain Assistant Manager is, in cooperation with the Supply Chain Manager in Burkina Faso, responsible for the further development and optimizing of the relationship & cooperation with our strategic partners and suppliers to maintain, enlarge and improve our supply chain operation.
As Supply Chain Assistant Manager Shea you will assist the Supply Chain Manager who is responsible for the total Supply Chain of Shea in the French speaking countries in West Africa.
The initial focus is to organize and manage an overall integrated supply chain organization based on quality and quantity, and to achieve efficiency and cost reduction in the production and logistics of Shea.
The Supply Chain Assistant Manager assists in the following tasks:
* production- and logistic activities at our local processing partners
* maintain QA/QC standards as agreed with local partners
* stock and quality control of our products
* coordination of logistic activities, amongst others
* export shipments
* negotiation on price and buying conditions
* monitoring of the dynamics of the Shea market
* preparation of forecasts
* observing and proposing business opportunities.
Your office for this region is based in the Burkina Faso and you report to the Supply Chain Manager Shea
* Academic or bachelor degree
* A minimum of two/three years experience in a West African country or India
* Experience with agro commodities, e.g. cocoa, cotton or cashew
* Strong knowledge of technical processes and QA/QC principles
* Understands the commercial value of the supply chain
* Able to work independently, but also strong team-working abilities
* Ability to communicate with specialists and senior management up to board level
* Highly communicative, convincing and influential
* Hands-on mentality and a self-starter
* Entrepreneurial and pragmatic
* Energetic, enthusiastic, driven and eager
* Fluency in English and French are a must. Dutch language skills are preferred.
Excellent remunerations package