Do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing European brands that now has a home in the US? Fatboy USA has an immediate opening for a New York or Boston-based Sales Director.
Since Protected content the original has developed and manufactured a broad range of lifestyle products. It all started with the original: an oversized beanbag of the highest quality, a huge label and an unusual name that gave people all over the world something to smile about. Today Fatboy is distributed to over 50 countries and has built a strong and dedicated design and development network worldwide.
The original represents the Fatboy lifestyle of “unexpected everyday living”. Besides an extensive variety of beanbags, the Fatboy portfolio of products includes hammocks, outdoor umbrella’s and lounge chairs, bags and accessories, as well as a growing line of iconic lifestyle products.
The Fatboy USA headquarters is based in Dallas, Texas - the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States - and serves as the central point for sales support, marketing, logistics, and manufacturing for the US operation. Fatboy USA reports directly to Fatboy Corporate HQ, which is based in the Netherlands.
You and Fatboy
Do you get bored with status quo? Are you an independent thinker, a bit rebellious, and a self-motivated individual with an entrepreneur spirit? And, do you have the bility to grow sales and build the Faboy brand using a hands-on creative approach? If so, keep reading!
The ideal candidate for this position is a team playter with at least 5 years sales managment and brand experience in a relevant industry, a proven track record in sales and a solid network with independent retailers, high-end department stores and distributors. Your mission will be to build the Fatboy brand through prospecting for new accounts and cultivating existing ones in designated markets and channels, with concentration on the east and west coast.
Your responsibilities will include recruiting, developing and managing a sales team, and crafting, directing and executing sales initiatives, plans and strategies. Sales operations will be based in a newly designed sales office in the New York or Boston area.
• Bachelors degree or higher preferred.
• International orientation and European exposure a must.
• Strong strategic, sales and brand thinking
• Highly entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, initiative and passion
• Established contacts and industry knowledge
• Outstanding client relationship development skills – the ability to quickly connect with clients and generate relationships that drive partnerships
• Exceptional people development skills – the ability to nurture junior and mid-level sales talent to develop rapidly, produce superior sales outcomes