Join now

Jumpstart Your Intercultural One-Person Show (Los Angeles)

Yearning to tell your expat/immigrant/TCK story but don’t know how to start, or you've started but are feeling stuck? I help my participants make bona fide progress, and (re)ignite their enjoyment of writing, improvising, and storytelling in general. I'm especially skilled at working with people who grew up or are currently living between or among different worlds, as a bridge or an island or both (whatever that may mean to them).

"Jumpstart Your Solo Show" Workshop in Los Angeles
Saturday, December 7, Protected content (one 5-hour session)
You will leave with an outline and material for your show!

To schedule a phone or Skype chat to discuss your project and my workshop rates, here is my meeting calendar: Protected content . Pick a time/date that works for you!

More info: Protected content

Cheers,
Lisa L.

"It was filled with moments of great pleasure and great growth for me.. To me, that is some of the most wonderful stuff in life, and I am tremendously grateful." - Lisa Dring, Actor/Director/Solo Show Creator

"Taking Lisa’s solo writing workshop is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. It was amazing to see the evolution of my work in such a short amount of time. I had been working on a solo piece for 5 years and never really knew what it was truly about, or what catalyzed its creation. Lisa’s incredibly insightful questions have turned it into something honest, relatable and something I now need to perform...Do yourself a favor and take this class!"
-Julie G., Teacher/Writer/Actress

"Lisa has a way with working with her students where she organically takes you through the process of creating a show. She takes the overwhelm out of the process and guides you step-by-step--until you’ve got a moment and then scene and then a string of scenes on the page. Before you know it you’re putting 10 minutes of your show on its feet, and on and on. Lisa holds a creative, safe space that allowed me to dig deep and go to vulnerable places in my work and with the class. I highly recommend working with her!"
-Diahann R., Writer/Actress

Los Angeles Forum

Our Global Partners