Operational and Staff Manager role (Milan)
Operational and Staff Manager
We are looking for an experienced Operational and Staff Manager to oversee the daily operations of our Retreat Centre near Omegna in Northern Italy, one hour from Milan. You will plan and supervise the activities of the workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
It is important role and means to be involved in all aspects of the daily operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategising and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients.
The person must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our Centres reputation as a place of excellence.
It is essential to have an understanding and commitment to the values and vision of Mandali. The ideal candidate will also have experience in mediation and personal development.
• Supervise work at all levels (receptionists/front office, kitchen staff, maids, maintenance, etc.) and set clear objectives
• Plan schedules and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
• Manage budgets/expenses of operational costs
• Communicate with customers when appropriate ( address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
• Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
• Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
• Proven experience as Hotel / Retreat Manager or relevant role
• Fluency in Italian and English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
• Understanding of all hotel / retreat centre management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
• Competent skills with computers
• Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
• Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
• Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field or a proven track record of working in a Retreat Centre environment.
Mandali – A Center for transformation
Only an hour's drive from Milan, Mandali is a beautiful new spiritual retreat centre built on a hilltop, overlooking lake Orta in Northern Italy. The centre is created by the Mandali Foundation, a non-profit organisation set up by Dutch entrepreneurs Wouter Tavecchio and Wildrik Timmerman and one of their teachers, Cali Ornelas.
The story behind Mandali starts with two friends with high-flying careers as organisers of international dance festivals. The success of their business filled their high-paced lives with joy and abundance, yet left their minds stuck in a hamster wheel. This is when they experienced a profound need for deepening their lives. Driven by the wish to create more meaning in life, they started attending silent meditation retreats and spreading a different, more “spiritual” message at their dance events. They felt a deep connection with spiritual practice, which led to their dream: to create a centre for transformation, a place where guests can experience inner peace and wellbeing in a safe and supportive environment.
After a long search for the right location, the right architect and years of planning and building, Mandali opened its doors in March Protected content . The centre welcomes teachers and students of all traditions from all over the world, both beginners and experienced practitioners.
Architects Gian Carlo and Matteo Primatesta have been able to translate the principles of the Mandali foundation into their beautiful design of the centre. Inspired by medieval Italian villages, they used local craftsmanship and traditional building materials such as marble and reclaimed wood to create a centre with cobbled streets, arched doorways and stone walls. Perched on a cliff with a stunning view of Lake Orta, Mandali radiates a tranquil and mystical, monastery-like atmosphere.
Mandali is a non-profit, purpose designed retreat centre. Its testament states that it can never be sold or used for commercial purposes.
Manager Operativo e Direttore del Personale
Descrizione del lavoro
Siamo alla ricerca di un Manager Operativo e Direttore del Personale con esperienza nel campo, che sia in grado di coordinare il funzionamento quotidiano del nostro Centro per ritiri e seminari nel Nord Italia, vicino ad Omegna, a poco piu’ di un’ora da Milano.
Tale figura avra’ il compito di pianificare e coordinare le attivita’ lavorative del personale, assicurando una gestione serena ed efficiente della nostra’ attivita’.
E’ un ruolo di responsabilita’ e comporta impegno costante