Join now

$1050 for LARGE loft bdrm iin brownstone--70s/UWS (New York)

$ Protected content LOFT bedroom in brownstone in 70s between Central Park West and Columbus.

It is a cool airy and artsy brownstone with exposed brick, extremely high ceilings, and large windows. The brownstone only has 10 units so it's safe, secure and quiet. It is located between Columbus and Central Park. I will be your only roommate. You have a huge loft bedroom that can fit a queen sized mattress, drawers, television, etc. with a window.

Cable and wifi are already hooked up. Your share of utilities runs about $25 for electricity and $50 for cable/wifi (or $25 for wifi if you don't have a television).

The brownstone has WORKING fireplace, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, and gas stove/oven and laundry in building! The living room is furnished with a leather sofa and love seat and kitchen is fully stocked. The picture only shows PART of the living room so it's much larger than in the photo. There is also a large storage space in another loft area above the kitchen to store winter clothes, a bike, books, boxes, etc.!

The rent is $ Protected content the whole place and you are paying only $ Protected content this is a steal! The place is really great and in a great neighborhood. I hate the hassle of looking for a roommate so I'm listing it at a lower price that it could probably go for.

You will be 1/2 block from Central Park, 1 min walk to the A,B, and C lines and a 3 min walk to the 1, 2, 3 lines. You will be about out a 3 min walk to Fairway and Westside Grocery and a 1 min walk to Pioneer grocery. There is a Duane Reade, Starbucks, Chase bank, Bank of America within a 1 min walk. There are several NYSC clubs within Protected content walks from the apartment. The UWS has many great restaurants, movie theaters (including an imax theater) wine bars, clothing stores, cute shops, etc. and you're one stop from the shop/mall near Columbus Circle. It's a very relaxing, quiet, and private neighborhood and a quick hop to downtown. You're also walking distance from the Natural History Museum and across the park from the Guggenheim.

It is a very safe neighborhood--I feel completely safe walking around at night by myself. This is a great and convenient neighborhood with many young professionals (no families live in the brownstone--most are young single working professionals).

You MUST love big dogs (but there is NO room for another dog, sorry!).

I'm looking for someone long term but could do month to month so long as you commit through the end of September. If you want the place, bring a check book and put down a deposit of $500, which will be applied to first month's rent just so I know that you will definitely take the apartment.

I am a 28 year old woman young professional (private equity attorney) and prefer a woman roommate but will possibly consider a clean guy. I'm looking for a roommate who is either a young professional ( Protected content ) or a graduate student and must be non-smoking.

I am social but I don't bring the party home, Sometimes I like to veg in front of the TV if I feel like it or sometimes I go out--depends on my mood so I'm either in my room, at the gym, in central park, or out with friends. And I horseback ride on weekends so I'm be gone for most of the day.

I'm looking for someone who is respectful, reasonable, and pretty laid back. We don't have to be best friends, but I'd like to get along with you and maybe grab a meal once in a while. Other than that, I really don't care what you do. I'm actually not in the living room often so you'll have it mostly to yourself. My current roommate is awesome but she is going back to school in Syracuse so she is moving out.

OPEN HOUSE SUNDAY MAY 31 at 6:00PM. Please email for address.

New York Forum