For Rent: 1-Bedroom Apt, No Broker Fee (Woodside) (New York)
I am a photographer living in Paris, France and am looking for new subletters for my beautiful apartment in Woodside/Sunnyside (Queens).
It is a renovated top floor, corner unit with insulated subfloors (reduced neighbor noise), windows in every room and great views of Manhattan.
This is the nicest unit I've seen for sale or for rent in the area. It is located on the border of Sunnyside north and Woodside, two blocks from the Sunnyside Historic District.
It's about 20 minutes to Grand Central via the 7 local and 15 minutes to PS. 1/M. Wells.
My favorite features about the space include the Farrow & Ball paint, renovated bathroom with Kohler jacuzzi-style bathtub and all of the sunlight.
Scroll down for more information, including the link to the Tumblr page for photos, floor plan, etc.
- Approximately Protected content ft one-bedroom apartment in a six story co-op building with elevator
- Top floor, corner unit with original wood floors and windows in every room
- Unobstructed views of Manhattan, beautiful light and great ventilation due to northwest exposures
- One shared wall with neighbors and no one overhead (solar panels installed on roof)
- Subfloors were insulated so downstairs neighbor noise is significantly reduced
- Renovated bathroom with American Standard sink, Grohe shower fixtures, Kohler jacuzzi style bathtub, Century Bathworks heavy duty shower doors, Kohler toilet
- Renovated kitchen with Villeroy & Boch handpainted tiles, American Standard sink, Whirlpool refrigerator
- Farrow & Ball paint in foyer, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom
- Custom knotty pine tongue and groove baseboard trim, doors, door trim, radiator covers installed by previous owner's father, a master carpenter and small business owner of McPherson Builders, Inc.
- Cable ready (closed circuit television for foyer available if you have a TV)
- Bedroom is about Protected content ft, living room is about Protected content ft
- Rent includes all utilities (water, gas, heat) except for electric
- Canine and feline good citizens are welcomed.
- Laundry located in building basement
- Storage, bike storage, garage, gym are available for an extra fee
- Eco-friendly, green building (solar panels on roof provide power for common areas)
- Apartment is two blocks away from the landmarked Sunnyside Gardens Historic District
- Pretty, tree-lined block during summer, spring and fall
- Picturesque Skillman Avenue is filled with small, local businesses including a grocery (carries organic and natural products), bakery, wine store (carries handcrafted whiskeys, etc. upon request), restaurants (sushi, Thai, New American, Mexican, etc.), cafes, wine bars, laundries, dry cleaners, specialty groceries, etc.
- Seasonal farmers market (Saturdays, June-December), library, parks and playground are within a one to five walk block
Protected content Rite Aid, 24-hour deli, 24-grocery store, Starbucks and major banks (Chase, Bank of America, etc.) are nearby
- El Rey de Oro, a family-run taco truck, parks near the 7 train on most weeknights
- SriPraPhai (the destination Thai restaurant), Dawa, Quaint and Venturo Osteria & Wine Bar (the first farm-to-table restaurant in the area) are within walking distance
- P.S. 1, M. Wells Dinette, LIC Market and Dutch Kills are a short subway ride away
- Two blocks from the 7 train and Q32 bus stop (52nd St/Lincoln Ave)
- One stop from the Long Island Railroad (Woodside)
- Approximately 20 minutes to Grand Central via 7 train
Use this password for access: woodsideapartment
- No smoking in apartment
- Co-op application, application fee ($ Protected content credit check ($71 per adult applicant) are required
-Co-op application consists of four parts (originals must be submitted along with three copies) as follows:
1. Credit check agreement
2. Previous tax return and last pay stub
3. Employment references
4. Rental references (must include landlord's name, address and telephone
- Tenant must be interviewed and approved by the co-op board
- First and last month's rent and security deposit (month's rent) are required
Note: Sublet is for one year. Renewals are possible if the board grants a special waiver.
Move in date: As soon as subletter receives co-op board approval