Join now

$1800/month | Cozy, Wall St. Apt, Seeking Roommate (New York)

Hi Everyone!

I'm Iooking for a new roommate to replace my old roommate, Nina, who moved back to Japan after 6.5-years.

Here is all the information about what I'm looking for and you need to know about the apartment.

Feel free to email me with my The Listings Project email -

Protected content

Thank you! :)

Cozy, 2-bedroom flex in Financial District in Downtown Manhattan. Room is available to rent to take over an existing lease. Unit is in a luxury building and includes Jenn-Air appliances, marble counter tops, washer/dryer in the unit, microwave, oven, toaster oven, Nutri-Bullet, coffee maker and dishwasher. The room for rent is semi-furnished and comes with a futon bed (if you want to keep it) as well as a dresser/shelf (if you want to keep it as well.) The windows start 1/4-up from the floor and go completely to the ceiling and there are black-out blinds in the room. The room comes with it's own internal/hotel-like AC/heating unit.

The apartment building has a doorman, elevator, service elevator, a free gym, rooftop lounge with free WiFi and free breakfast M-F. Nearest subways are the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, J, A, C, E, R.

Potential roommate must also be very clean (take shoes off when entering apartment, no dishes in the sink, etc.) and be respectful (no overnight hookup guests, no live-in boyfriends/girlfriends that can feel like a third roommate). In our eyes, the apartment is your own sanctuary and should be relaxing, quiet and tidy. Potential roommate must be cat-friendly in order to live here, as there is a small Siberian cat who also dwells in the unit. Her name is Anklet and you can find her on Instagram @ankeeboo.

The roommate in the apartment unit is a 31-year old Sr. Copywriter and Digital Strategist who works in the advertising industry. She is female and seeking someone male or female, who fits the criteria above. She is friendly and personable, and is the type of person happy to grab a glass of vino after work down the street. I love Gilmore Girls, Game of Thrones and reading Harry Potter. Huge soccer fan and my boyfriend works for Nycfc (New York City Football Club), so you should come check out a game with us!

The potential roommate is joining an existing lease. The former roommate moved back home after 6-years and we are seeking her replacement to be added to a 10-month lease. There is a $125 fee to apply to live in the apartment building (credit check and background check, building policy) and there is a $500 addendum fee to be added to the lease. It is important to note that while there will be 3 people on the lease, only 2 will be living here and those 2 people are responsible for splitting the rent 50/50 (i.e. $1,800 per person) and the guaranteed full-term of the lease will go from Sept. 1, Protected content 20, Protected content . An "addendum" fee is a fee to be added to an existing lease. Hence, it's a10-month lease, rather than a full 12-month lease, and there is no first/last/security deposit. It's my building's policy to do this. All fees are payable to my apartment building, and I take in no money whatsoever from a new roommate. The $125 fee is for my building to do a back ground/credit check on the individual so that they can a) make sure they can afford to live here and b) make sure they have no criminal record.We are looking for someone to take over my past roommates portion of the lease. That's the reason for the $500, specifically, and why it's an addendum. They building allow subleasing here. And if it happens, it's illegal and goes against our building's policy.You can't break a lease, but you can add someone to it, to amend it -- so that's the addendum fee.