Join now

Seeking roommate from May 1st/ earlier Cobble Hil (New York)

Protected content

My roommate is leaving NYC for LA next month. So I need to find a new roommate. Those of you who have been here for BBQs / parties know it's a great apartment. Please spread the word, as I'd prefer a friend of friend... I'm looking to show it this weekend or early next week, as I'll be traveling and busy in the coming weeks, I'd like to make a decision soon. Thanks.

Rent is $ Protected content one room in 2BR apartment share, starting May 1st or as early as April 23rd. Shared utilities come to about $50 per person per month.

The room for rent is 15x18 feet, 12 foot ceilings, in a beautiful 2BR in Cobble Hill (Bergen btwn Smith and Court), complete with living/dining room, kitchen, all wood floors, great natural light all day, plus outdoor roof deck (a vegetable garden and great BBQ spot in the warmer weather!). The apartment is 2 blocks from F/G train (Bergen St.), and 10 min walk from 2/3, 4/5, and N trains (Borough Hall). There is a large closet and storage space above. The apartment and rooms are spacious. Wifi available.

Note: the photo below is a previous roommate's setup, all furniture in that room will go and the room will be unfurnished.

I am a photographer, 38, and while I do the major portion of my shooting outside the apartment, I use my room as my home office. The rooms are completely separate and virtually sound-proof so neither person can disturb each other.

I'm looking for a friendly, responsible, mature person. Most important is that the person must be clean, especially in common areas, a non-smoker, and you having a regular gig is best, white collar and/or creative. I'm not looking for a best friend here, but would prefer to be friendly and be able to have a coffee and a conversation together if we are in the common area at the same time. No preference on male or female.

I do have two gorgeous cats, who are super-friendly and not a bother at all, they don't scratch anything or make noise, but if you don't like cats then this place is probably not for you. I have the cats in my room most of the time.

A bit more about me: I cook once in a while, and roommates can cook whatever they like, and use anything in the apartment. I don't own a TV, and will watch the occasional movie on my computer, but besides that I tend to go out or photograph events at night. I like to listen to the radio with my morning coffee, either WBGO, NPR, or WRXP.

I'm looking for a minimum 1 year commitment, no short-term sublets please. It's a great apartment and is becoming available because my current roommate is moving out of NYC. :-( I've been in this apartment about 8 years and have only had three roommates.

I'm looking to show it this weekend or early next week, as I'll be traveling and busy in the coming weeks, I'd like to make a decision soon.

I would be looking for first month's rent plus a month's deposit. I just re-signed the lease so the rent will stay the same for at least one year.

**To reply**
Email me first with a very brief description of yourself and what you're looking for, your phone number and the best time to call. You can follow up and call me at 917.554.5933. Thanks!