Join now

Jobs Advice (Santiago de Chile)

I'm hoping to get some advice about job hunting in Chile. I am a trained accountant by profession and I have 3.5 years experience working for one of the big 4 accountancy firms in Ireland. My application for Associate membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland is currently being processed and I will hopefully be a member within the next few weeks. This is a very reputable institution and holds its members to high standards. I'm giving serious consideration coming to Chile to work for a few years. I've spent the last 3.5 months in Buenos Aires learning Spanish and doing volunteer work. My Spanish is at an upper intermediate level after my time in BA and I'm confident that I will continue to improve. I had no Spanish when I arrived.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice on the jobs situation in Chile for finance professionals. I'm aware that contacts are very important to the process and a lot of effort needs to be given to developing them. I'd appreciate if people could offer any further advice to this. I'd be most interested in working in a multinational company so I'd be grateful if people could offer any specific advice on this. General information about the ease of getting a work visa would also be very beneficial.

Many thanks,