Join now

Recent graduate looking for bilingual job (Santiago de Chile)

I have been living in Santiago for 2 years, and have worked as an English teacher, but I am eager to find a more permanent and stable job in my field of study, as I am planning on being here for the long term.
I am a recent graduate Protected content U.C. Berkeley in Development Studies (political and economic development theories, sustainable development and specifically water policies in Latin America). I am fluent in English, German and Spanish, both written and oral. I keep hearing how, with my bilingual skills and my education, it should be a breeze for me to find a good position here, but thus far, it has proven to be more difficult than expected, because of my lack of "experience" in my field; while I have over 7 years of experience in international NGO's focused on social and development issues, it doesn't seem be sufficient evidence of experience because the work was unpaid.
If anyone has leads on jobs in my field, such as in sustainable development departments in mining companies, or UN branches such as ECLAC (CEPAL), or any leads in jobs for bilingual receptionists or secretaries (I have experience in this field as well), I would greatly appreciate your help. Additionally, if anyone has any advice or tips on how you were able to find a decent paying and stable job as an ex-patriate, I appreciate any constructive feedback.

Thanks in advance!
Jindan

Santiago de Chile Forum