The Dominican Republic branch of Good Neighbors was founded in Protected content . Our office is located in the capital city of Santo Domingo. GNDOM's goals are set to impact local communities with development programs that target their specific needs. We believe in the strength of partnership and we strive to collaborate with local organizations so each community in which GNDOM intervenes can build its own path towards a better quality of life.
In order to assist in strengthening Good Neighbors programs and services, a Café will be established in Santo Domingo. This social business is designed to generate income that will support community development projects around the Dominican Republic. Good Neighbors is currently seeking a manager who will be responsible for the overall direction, management and supervision of the café for community and guest house project management.
• Develop menu and make coffees & give a training to staffs
• Marketing of café via: printed promotional materials, online websites, social media etc.
• Develop relationships with local businesses and organizations to support the growth of the café
• Fundraising efforts to support the café
• Supervise and direct daily duties of café & guest house staff
• Tracking and monitoring of inventory and ordering of materials and supplies
• Maintenance and upkeep of the facilities
• Develop methods for feedback and continuous improvement
• Develop processes that guarantee high quality and consistency of products and services
• Ensure that safety, sanitary and emergency considerations and standards are adhered to
• Ensure that all applicable government regulations, reporting, licenses and requirements are adhered to
• Overall management of café & guest house budget and operation reporting monthly
• Barista certification holder
• Bilingual in Spanish and English required (Excellent multiculture understandings)
• At least a high school diploma required but an undergraduate degree in hotel management or hospitality preferred
• Two to three years working in the restaurant industry highly preferred
• Must have excellent communication and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work with individuals from various backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities as well as strong leadership and motivational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
Please send your CV and Cover letter to Protected content