a leading teleco is looking for a CFO (Johannesburg)
This I received as request from a leading global entity in the passive telecoms business that is seeking to fill the position of Chief Finance Officer based at Nairobi, Transferable to anywhere in the world in the interest/ business need of the company. The Group CFO is a very senior position and one should be from similar industry. It is also a strategic role. They are looking for a Kenyan but may consider an Expat as well ,it one is exceptionally fit for the position. They have indicated that experience at a higher level with a top line of above $ 100M is a must.
Qualification & Experience
• Degree in Finance with requisite qualification/certification for Chartered Accountancy / Cost Accountancy. A diploma in fund management will be an added advantage.
• Should have experience in Heading financial functions in an unit/ organization with annual turnover of at least $50M. Should have exposure to multi country business environs in sub-Saharan Africa. Exposure to Mergers and Acquisition, company listing activity will be an added advantage. Total Experience of over 15 years, of which at least 5 years in similar capacity.
• Experience is relax-able for deserving candidates.
Heading whole gamut of finance and accounting function in the Group including its subsidiary companies. He/She would be a member of the board for all company subsidiary companies. (currently incorporated in 12 countries).
The role is strategizing the overall Profit and Loss of the company. The deliverables include Ensuring effective Financial Management through Financial planning and control, Budgeting and Fund Management, Effectively managing Working capital issues, Treasury and investor relation.
This position will have the overall accountability to:
• As a member of the Group’s Management Team the CFO is accountable to ensure the business delivers Net sales and Net Margins as per the Forecast for the Group.
• Ensure that the required financial procedures and practices are put at place and conceptualize and introduce required SOPs.
• Working closely with business heads and CEO as business partner in driving the growth of the Group
• Ensure arrangement of funds in all subsidiaries for implementation of projects.
• Play a key role in monitoring timely receipt of funds against sales invoices.
• Put proper checks and systems at place to ensure timely release of payments to parties and all concerned.
• Driving regular Internal, External and statutory audit requirement.
• Preparation of Group AoP, regular monitoring and reporting of related MIS data.
• To be the custodian of the Financial Health of the Group and the subsidiary companies.
• To work on cost reduction measures
• Work for listing of the in AIM or any alternative agency to meet the long term funding requirement
• To ensure compliance of statutes and also various Policy guidelines of the Group.
• Experience in handling Project Financing
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Quality & Cost consciousness
• Team Mgmt expertise
• High degree of analytical ability
• Good Business and commercial acumen
• Negotiation skills
• Strategic Planning skills
• Communication skills
• Team skills
If you know of anyone within your network or you believe you fit the above profile, please write in confidence to the email address below by
Wednesday 28th June Protected content .
In addition, please provide curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and present position.
Include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to: Email: Protected content
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.