Our client is a well known multinational logistics company with Support Operations established in Barcelona. For their Credit & Collections department, they are currently looking for a German speaking candidate as Collector (first temporary contract for maternity leave).
Our client offers a dynamic and very multicultural work environment with great learning opportunities.
- To minimize Business investment in receivables
- To minimize interest losses on outstanding amounts
- To maintain appropriate Ledger housekeeping, general customer accounting reconciliations and up to date records to satisfy company standards and deadlines
- To balance the potential profit with potential risk in granting and collecting credit to the customers
- Ensure timely collections of outstanding balances from customers according to the company's Policy
- Ensuring customer calls and emails are responded to within department targets. Identify any customer complaints and escalate as appropriate
- Anticipate and communicate with customer services, sales representative, customer about disputed items, present potential payment issues, credit hold situation
- Support and be backup for other collector’s associates
- Liaise with the credit & collections team lead about all credit issues
- Keep accurate and up to date logs of individual customer information
- Native level of German + excellent level of English
- Experience Required: Handling high levels of incoming calls activity, preferably in the area of Credit & Collections or Accounting experience. Junior considered as well.
- Willing to make outbound calls
- Customer Service oriented
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Experience in negotiation with customers and a number of internal stakeholders, dealing with collections, dispute management, account reconciliations, charges/payments
- Tenacity, ambition and sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative and collectively as a team
- Self-motivation and focus on objectives and results
- Excellent interpersonal, communicative and influencing skills, verbally and written
- Salary of 18.000€
- First 4 month contract for replacement of maternity leave. Possibility to stay in the company afterwards, depending on performance and opportunities.
- A multicultural working environment, with Protected content in the office
- A job at the end client, in the European Shared Service Center
- A company which put top priority on the learning and career development of their employees
- A dynamic and fun team
- A respectful work environment and employer
- A company with worldwide presence and reputation
- Additional employee benefits such as discount in fitness club, parking, retirement plan, life insurance, gift cards, etc.