Join now

Opening an office in BCN - some questions (Barcelona)

Hello

Our company is an international Events company and we organise conferences, exhibitions and shows all around the world.

We currently have offices in London, Hong Kong and Brazil and we are looking to open a Barcelona office later this Summer.

I have some questions to expatriates living in Barcelona about what it is like for people looking for jobs in Barcelona. If anyone can provide any answers then I will be very grateful:

1. Are there many expatriates that are fluent in English looking for jobs in Barcelona? We are not looking for people who want work just for the Summer or just a few months - we are looking for people who want to work permanently for us. Will they be easy to find?

2. Do expatriates looking for jobs in Barcelona find it easy to get a job, or are there not many god jobs available to them? I ask this because I want to know when we do our recruitment how much competition there will be from other employers.

3. What are the main areas and the best areas for companies to have their office in Barcelona?

4. What sort of starting salaries to most office based jobs in Barcelona pay staff?

5. Where are the main places expatriates looking for jobs in Barcelona looking?

Any other advice or important information you can give for a company planning to open an office in Barcelona would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Neil

Barcelona Forum