We're looking for a native of Switzerland, German speaking, for a position at my company. The work is in Bellevue, so the person would have to work here locally. Let me know if you know anyone who may be a fit and feel free to pass on the job description below.
We are looking for candidates to work on the Bing Local Market Expansion project. Talent must be native speakers of German from Switzerland
Work location: Bellevue, City Center
Title: Data Labeler
Anticipated duration: starting ASAP and continuing through 6/30/ Protected content the intention to extend for an additional full year
Bing Search is a world class web search portal with millions of users per day. The Bing local search international team has a need to perform measurements on web data in our international markets. The role will require you to put yourself in our users place: to understand their queries and the results. Judging which results are best and why. You will be responsible for collecting, tagging/labeling contents (web results and documents) for use as index entries to help improve the quality of search results. In addition, you will also be judging parts of data that are used to create the results. You will also be verifying and entering data into a database using custom software or tools.
Reason for the work: We have a constant need to generate new training data for and measure the results of Bing local search engine for international market. For that we need web analysts who can provide the necessary human judgment component.
Group Culture: High-pace, goal oriented, driven team. We care about the quality of the product.
Day to Day work:
1) Query Judgment – Judging relevancy of search results based on query terms. e.g. query “Fast food near Berlin train station”, judge the following products as perfect match, somewhat relevant or not relevant at all: A map showing all fast food restaurants, etc.
2) Categorization – Classify search terms based on a database of set categories.
3) Error Reduction Work – Proofreading business names, descriptions, and images.
4) Business Matching – grouping same businesses received from various sources.
5) Ad hoc Projects
The ability to self-pace and prioritize work. Exercise a flexible mind-set, trying to understand user intent and achieve agreement among fellow analysts. Attention to detail.
• Must be authorized to work in the US
• Native language speaker
• To have resided 3 years in the specified country
• Basic computer literacy
• Work hours, flexible but presence on premises expected during few core hours per day, Protected content per week.